November 17th: Donated copies of both books to the Holbrook Middle School in North Carolina.
October 26th: I donated 4 copies of The Bug Boys to the Fullerton library. Sales benefit the library.
October 9th: I donated 5 copies of The Bug Boys to the Anaheim Central Library. Sales benefit the library.
October 1st: The Bug Boys set up shop at the Orange County Children’s Book Festival!
August 27th: WOW! That was quick. Book 2 became available to buy on iUniverse.com!
August 25th: Signed off on final proofs. The Bug Boys vs. Professor Blake Blackhart now goes into production!
August 23rd: Submitting proof changes to iUniverse.com. They’ll make the changes I requested and send back a final proof for me to approve.
August 22nd: My proofreader finished his run over my manuscript. Just a few US vs. UK grammar differences to consider.
August 18th: I got my first set of proofs to review and approve! Looking good. Just waiting for my proofreader’s notes before TBB book 2 goes to the printer.
August 10th: After processing my editor’s notes, I have submitted my manuscript and the final artwork to iUniverse.com.
August 7th: Got my manuscript back from my copy editor. Looking good!
July 13th, 2017: Sent book 2 to my copy editor, Cindy Jewkes.
July 6th, 2017: Editorial review by iUniverse for The Bug Boys vs. Professor Blake Blackhart – no major problems reported!
July 1st, 2017: The Bug Boys book 3 is now officially in production. I finished my treatment and designed 17 chapters today. This is going to be fun!
June 21st, 2017: Sent my manuscript and images (cover, maps, etc) to iUniverse. They’ll do an evaluation and editorial review over the next two to three weeks.
June 19th, 2017: Finished 4th draft. 198 pages, 47K words. Time to hand it over to my copy editor.
June 8th, 2017: Finished the 3rd draft of book 2. Now I’ll give it another read through and edit before I hand it over to my copy editor.
June 7th, 2017: Just shipped two copies of, The Bug Boys, to the Doncaster Central Library in the UK. They should be available to check out in a couple of weeks! A copy of my first book can also be found at the Little Free Library Charter, Port Washington, Wisconsin, and the Daniel Boone Regional Library, Columbia, Missouri.
May 30th, 2017: Two of my beta readers have reported in. So far, The Bug Boys – Book 2, thumbs up!
May 13th, 2017: 2nd draft done! 192 pages 46K words. Time to hand this over to some beta readers to get their feedback.
April 17, 2017: 1st draft of The Bug Boys, book 2 – is DONE! 185 pages 45K words. A little shorter than the first book. But I have some editing to do, and a couple of extra scenes to add. I am hopeful the second book in the series will be available in September. Fingers crossed!
February 10th, 2017: Only a few more short chapters to go and the first draft of book 2 will be done! Looking forward to releasing it some time in August.
December 30th, 2016: The Bug Boys, was awarded an Honorable Mention for Writer’s Digest’s Self-Published e-Book Awards in the Genre fiction category. I won $50 worth of books!
December 23rd, 2016: Received a honorable mention in the science fiction category at the London Book Festival. Not bad for my first book!
December 21st, 2016: More positive reviews, 17 on Amazon.com (4.8/5) and 8 on Goodreads.com (4.25/5). 65% done with the next book in the series.
November 22nd, 2016: Submitted, The Bug Boys, to the London Book Festival. The winning entry gets to attend the event, January 2017. Fingers crossed!
November 17th, 2016: Kindle version of the first book in the series is only 99c! Click Here! 60% done with the next book in the series!
October 21st, 2016: 50% done with the next book in the series (1st draft). Tentatively titled, The Bug Boys v Professor Blake Blackhart.
August 28th, 2016: Now available in the kindle store! (US) Amazon.com
August 3rd, 2016: Reviewed the full cover and interior design of the novel. Looking good! iUniverse.com now do one final QA check before it becomes available to purchase.
July 29th, 2016: Submitted final cover artwork (my design). Now waiting to see how the interior design and cover copy polish turns out.
July 13, 2016: Started the design phase of the project. Cover design, cover copy polish and interior layout.
June 30th, 2016: Cindy Jewkes (http://www.goodtalesediting.com/) finished editing The Bug Boys. Another thumbs up for my first novel! She did an amazing job. Just some mechanical problems to fix before submitting to iUniverse.com for the last time.
June 22nd, 2016: Editorial review by iUniverse.com finished. Mostly positive. Just a few areas to address.
June 8th, 2016: iUniverse.com finished the initial evaluation and reported no problems. Moving forward now with the editorial review.
May 2016: Finished the 3rd draft. 188 pages. Submitted manuscript to iUniverse.com for a 3-5 week evaluation, and then 2-4 week review.
April 2016: Finished the 2nd draft. 188 pages. Submitted manuscript to several readers to get feedback.
March 2016: Finished the 1st Draft. 191 pages.